Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Somebody Up There Must Hate Me

So Davy Jones is dead, Snooki is pregnant - my condolences to the father - and the Wilpons intend on keeping ownership of the Mets for "a very long time."  Thanks for the warning Fred.  Now I know what I'm going to be doing this summer: rooting like hell for you to lose as much money as is humanly possible.

I mean really if it wasn't for the ten suckers who ponied up $20 million each for the privilege of owning part of a losing team and the fact that the commissioner is your buddy, you'd be up a creek.  I am so praying that the Madoff trustee cleans your clock but good in court.  Maybe then you'll do the right thing.

I've never wished for my team to tank it as much as I have going in to this season.  Not even during the late '70s and early '80s when the team really sucked and Steve Henderson, Lee Mazzilli and Craig Swan were basically it as far as talent went did I root against the team.

But your continued ruination of this franchise has been an embarrassment to the city and the millions of Mets fans who toil year after year hoping for some ray of light to shine down upon them from the heavens.  It's bad enough being the second team in a town that has the Yankees as its number one, but the only reasonable goal this team has this year is NOT to finish in last place.

You're joking right.  That's what we have to look forward to?  You lose your shirt in a Ponzi scheme and the rest of us get stuck with the bill.  Well not me; not this time.  This time when I turn on the channel and I see those men in blue and orange, I will be rooting for the other team - unless of course it's the Phillies (fuck them and their shit-ass city).

Now I know what it's like to be a Jets fan.  Well almost.  At least my team won a championship since 1969!  Ah, 1986!  That was a great year.  We owned this town.  But back then Nelson Doubleday was the majority owner, and you were the kid from Brooklyn.  He cared about winning.  Maybe you did once, too.  These days I don't know what you care about.  You say you love this team.  Prove it.  Sell it to somebody who can rebuild it into a contender.

It's not too late to save your precious legacy.  Somewhere out there is someone with the money and the passion to turn this franchise around.  You owe it to the throngs of loyal fans to swallow your pride and find him or her.

Do the right thing, Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment